Swiggy is one of the most trusted and known food delivery apps. So not only chains and big businesses, even small businesses that function from home are seeking partnerships these days. And if you too are wondering how to start food business from home with Swiggy, then we’ve got you covered!
With new restaurants opening every other day, there is a lot of competition in the food industry, making it harder to stand out. Apps like Swiggy have made it possible for restaurants and eateries to integrate technology into their food businesses in order to speed up and efficiently deliver food to a large number of customers. And this is one of the reasons why even food businesses that run from home are partnering with Swiggy.
So, here’s how you can do it too!
Eligibility For Swiggy
Much like Zomato or other food delivery apps, Swiggy requires businesses to have basic documents filed. And these are some of the prerequisites to start Swiggy business from home:
- The company’s registration as a private limited liability entity or limited liability company.
- Depending on the nature and volume of your business, you are required to have a license from the authorities responsible for food safety and standards.
- You must have the legal documents and ID proofs required according to the state rules.
- You must submit each of these documents. And to collaborate with Swiggy, these documents must be accurate.
How To Start Food Business From Home With Swiggy?
After you’ve registered your food business, the next step is to get it listed on Swiggy. And the process is quite simple. It’s also important to get a basic idea of its model and process beforehand. However, here is how you can partner with them.
Steps To Register & Start Swiggy Business From Home
- An applicant must first log in to the Swiggy website and select the “Partner with us” option from the contact list at the bottom of the page.
- Next, fill in basic details like the name of the business, the owner’s name, contact details, etc.
- Then, complete the remaining fields after selecting the “Proceed” option. Information like registration details, date of business entity registration, and food safety and standards certificate is uploaded, along with ID proofs.
- The applicant must also add a cancelled cheque and the menu in the details.
- Once the registration is complete, the applicant receives an acknowledgement message on the registered contact details.
Commission & Charges After Listing The Business
After you start Swiggy business from home, you need to pay a certain commission on each order. Swiggy charges restaurants a 15-25% commission on their total order bill, which includes taxes.
The number of orders, the restaurant’s location, the commission charged by competitors, and other factors affect the percentage of the commission. The registration process for a Swiggy restaurant is completely free. However, an additional 4% to 7% commission is required if you want Swiggy to promote your restaurant.
When it comes to delivery charges, in times of high demand, rain, special occasions, midnight delivery, and other circumstances, Swiggy raises its delivery fees. Customers are required to pay a little bit more if they require food delivery at midnight.
Benefits To Start Business With Swiggy From Home
The Swiggy Partner app helps manage your business and orders on Swiggy. This app gives you tools for managing your menu, prices, and promotions, as well as real-time updates on orders, deliveries, and customer feedback. You can likewise utilize the application to follow your presentation, costs, and income.
A number of other benefits are listed below:
- A reduction in operating expenses is one benefit. Once your business is listed on the app, you won’t have to worry about delivery boys or the complicated logistics of delivering food on time.
- Another advantage of signing up as a Swiggy restaurant is the potential to make more money. You have the opportunity to increase your customer base, and ultimately increase your income by forming a partnership with Swiggy.
- Having an employee constantly be near the phone to answer calls for food delivery can be exhausting and complicated. By registering with Swiggy, restaurants can avoid this problem.
- Customers can rate and review food through Swiggy. Through this, they can rate the food with respect to conveyance time, taste, amount, and so on. This ends up helping businesses as they can focus on improvement.
Swiggy is among the leading food delivery apps, so clearly restaurants can benefit a lot by being listed on it. Swiggy can be a great way to expand your audience and make more money. Customers now prefer to place their food orders online, where they can also take advantage of great discounts.
If you want your business to grow over the long term, it’s more important than ever to partner with Swiggy. It can be a great way to expand your audience and make more money.
And if you’re questioning how to start food business from home with Swiggy, then this is your guide to it!
Our Readers Also Love
- How To Start Food Business From Home With Zomato?
- How To Start A Food Delivery Service In A Small Town
- Can You Sell Food on Doordash From Home in 2023