In the tech-savvy era, it is an irrefutable fact that humankind has progressed tremendously. There are different business models to make our life more smooth. OLA and UBER business model is one of them that is garnering people’s attention. The smooth and painless process of booking cabs, taxis, and other traveling vehicles brought several business models into the picture. You can catch the enormous growth of apps like OLA & UBER. Both lead on their own within the taxi industry, providing high-quality taxi services based on their different business models to people globally. But, both business models are different from each other. The difference between ola and uber business model is discussed in the following paragraphs.
Well, the robust functionality and advanced features of OLA & UBER help them to gain an edge in the competitive world.
Ola Business Model
ANI Technologies Pvt Ltd is the organization under which Ola App works. Its head office is in Bengaluru, India. Ola is an On-Demand “Taxi Hailing Service” utilized by people with smartphones. They can book a chauffeur-driven cab. It is operated either by owners or by hired drivers. As of Last Fund Raise, the firm was appreciated at over 5 Billion USD.
Further, in the ola business model, we want to make you familiar with one interesting thing, i.e., in the Ola business model, Ola Cabs used to operate as a Fleet Cab Service Provider in its starting days. It is utilized to work like this: You call their call center, tell them the time and date of the trip and get a car in front of your home. And when the trip ends, you need to pay in cash; then, it pivoted to an app-based aggregation model seeing the meteoric rise of Android and Apple Devices.
If we talk about the present era’s ola business model, ola has changed the notion of the taxi industry to another higher level with its stratification, robust functioning, and customization. Therefore, the platform is ruling the customer’s heart and mind.
Moving forward with the difference between ola and uber business model, we will make you near and dear to the different functionalities of the Ola app from different aspects.
Also Read About – Best Working Creative Ideas For Taxi Business in 2023
User Functionalities In Ola App
Although there is a slight difference between Ola and uber apps in regard to user functionalities, let’s look at both functionalities part by part.
- Sign up/ Sign in
- Select the start point & drop location on the map.
- Viewing and managing driver location.
- Viewing pickup & drop-off points.
- Option to make a call to the passenger.
- Customer support in case of emergency.
- Location tracking.
- Adding rides.
- Cancelling and accepting rides.
Admin Features In Ola App
Unlike user functionalities, there might be a little more difference between ola and uber apps in view of admin features. So, let’s glance at the Ola admin features first.
- Real-time notifications.
- Cost and surge management.
- View and manage riders and drivers.
- Addressing complaints and cancellations.
- Viewing and collecting feedback from the customer.
- Setting value and prices of the ride.
Salient Features Of Ola
- OLA is one of the top-notch taxi services that started at the beginning of 2010.
- It is easily operated via a user-friendly mobile application named OLA APP.
- The application has made it more convenient in this cutthroat competitive world. It is reaching a pinnacle. The reason behind this is the advanced and diverse features that it possesses.
- After some intervals, OLA APP keeps updating and strategizing new avenues to stay relevant with users.
- Although it is renowned in India, it managed to come into the spotlight globally due to its massive success and the ability to generate maximum income.
With this, we know the different features of the ola business model. But to get to the answer of what is the difference between ola and uber, it is essential to read about the Uber business model.
Uber Business Model
The Uber business model is also known as a multisided platform business model, as it connects drivers (offer) and passengers (demand) to offer customers cheaper transportation. In addition, it is a source of additional income for drivers.
Uber is a technological platform that has revolutionized urban transportation — and has given taxi drivers and cab companies a lot of headaches. To be precise, it is an app that connects drivers to users who need a ride, using a smartphone as a tool.
UBER is the topmost application changing the way locals ride. It started at the beginning of 2008. UBER was officially launched in San Francisco. In six months, UBER gained six thousand
users and provided over 20,000 rides making it grow faster. But what is the reason behind its fastest success is more quickly is the next generation.
All that we have mentioned so far in the uber business model is not the actual difference between ola and uber business model. However, they have slight differences in their features. So, take a look.
Customer Segment In Uber App
- Access to book a ride for now and later.
- Check nearby cabs available.
- Real-time tracking of cabs and drivers.
- Viewing and managing discount coupons.
- Ample payment options to pay the driver.
- Opportunity to choose the driver.
- 24 x 7 customer support.
- Review and rating of the driver.
Driver Activity In Uber App
- Checking customer location.
- Accepting payments.
- Canceling rides in case of emergency.
- Tracking customers in real-time.
- Accessing their pickup and drop location.
- A check at the reviews.
- Viewing and managing the trip history.
Admin Panel Segments
- Smart dashboard to manage riders and drivers.
- Monitoring the earnings of the service through the drivers.
- Accepting, scheduling, and managing the request of the users.
- Verifying driver’s details
- Verifying users details
- Check on ratings and reviews
Salient Features Of The Uber App
The app provides a crystal clear platform to initiate and accomplish the rides with a rider, driver, and admin feature.
The Uber business model successfully incentivized businesses to become pilots in the long run, and the rest is history. Uber gives its users an enriching experience to assist them in traveling easily without much hassle. The application is a customized solution bringing riders and drivers together. Moving forward, we will look at the model’s customer, driver, and admin sides.
Now, as we are familiar with the Ola business model and Uber business model, we are all set to move forward to the section where we will discuss the difference between ola and uber business model.
Difference Between Ola And Uber Business Model
- Specifying The Pickup Point
Regarding including the pickup point in the applications, OLA explicitly shows it, whereas UBER does not. This is the difference between ola and uber, and it may push the customer toward the Ola app.
Further, OLA lets you enter an address and shows the nearby pickup address, whereas UBER enables you to navigate the app.
- Availability Of Different Types Of Cab
Users who opt for a cab facility will undoubtedly come across several options. But if we talk about Ola and Uber business model, we may find some differences between the both.
In the UBER app, you will see the option only after entering the drop point in advance. Whereas in OLA, you learn about the types of cabs available and the approximate time to reach the user on the homepage itself. This is the only difference between Ola and uber business model in this case, as both the applications offer mini, large, and share cabs helping users to choose as per their needs.
- Cost Comparison Of Both The Platforms
Talking about the difference between ola and uber models’ costs, it is tough to compare as the fee relies on the profit margin of the platform. Still, when comparing both platforms, UBER shows the different price ranges for the various cabs available nearby. However, at the same time, OLA provides prices comparing micro to shareable vehicles. Apart from this, their price range is according to the destination and ride they offer.
- Showing Color Of Car
OLA, when searched on the platform, shows the car’s color. This makes it easy for the users to search for the vehicle when it arrives at the location. In contrast, UBER does not have any such features.
So far, the information you have read might have made you familiar with the answer to the what is difference between ola and uber. And, undoubtedly both OLA and UBER as customizable solutions have provided multiple opportunities to drivers and customers. Although both apps offer the same service, they have some differences. And one of the main differences is the price range. So, select the one that provides the best deal.
Our Readers Also Love